We construct and a house and identify each and every direction according to the Vastu Shastra for benefitting positive and balanced energies to be kept intact. Similarly, we also require balancing different source of elements that we bring to our home in the form of Antiques and Decorative pieces.
We are attracted to decorative items such as glass objects, bronze metals, brass items, or even electronic items. Decorative pieces like glass, metals etc have corresponding cosmic energy and hence it is important to place them in a suitable direction.
We give you a few Vastu tips for placing the antique or decorative items:
1. Always place the antique decorative metal pieces in the Southern or Western Wall of the house
2. Heavy wooden objects such as decorated almirah, wall cabinet a wooden trunk must be kept in South-east or North-west direction
3. Designer Pots or decorative pictures of God Idols should not be fixed on walls as it is considered inauspicious. Images of God have to be kept on a Western wall facing east or on Southern wall facing north.
4. Any water element decorative items, like a mini fountain, aquarium or any decorative items with water must be kept in North East or North. It is considered a good flow of wealth, according to Vastu Shastra.
5. Electronic items like video games or lights represent fire elements and should be kept in the Southeast direction only
6. Glass antiques, big clocks with glass case should be placed in Northern or Eastern wall only.
7. On the West direction, you can place a village scene painting, as this will increase wealth and gains.
8. On the South-west direction, you can place the family photographs and ensure the frames are made of yellow paint. This will improve relationships among members.
9. A tortoise decorative piece which is placed in the centre facing North direction is good as this represents stability and strength.
10. Placing a money plant in a decorative mud pot (pot to be in blue colour) in the North zone will increase money flow.