Manufacturing Units are the backbone of a Nation’s economy. Industrial development and growth reflects the financial good health of all country and is also the source of millions who are blue and white collared salaried individuals whose livelihood depends on it.
The main aim of any type of industry big or small, is to manufacture different materials and earn profits. The performance of an industry affects the owner, shareholders and the employees. Hence, the factory layout and location should be planned carefully.
Many big industries have faced failures despite having the best management principles, providing all necessary requirements that is needed for the functioning of the industries, still failures befall for many reasons. Vastu Shastra helps a lot in determining what could be the reason beyond the financial strength or government support to such industries.
According to Vastu Shastra, powerful directions like South, West sides should not be disturbed. No water body like lake or water ponds, pits or water pump, storage wells exists in these areas where the factory is situated or proposed to be built. The Northeast should always be clear and clean. No heavy items like raw materials, or record books, sheds or assembled goods should be placed in this direction.
By applying correct Vastu Shastra principles in the construction of the factory is hugely helpful in avoiding problems with administration, financial, labour problems and many more.
Decision makers offices such as Chairman/ CMD/ CEO and Managing Directors/Partners have to be designed and planned appropriately with the consultation of a Vastu expert. The placement of the incoming raw goods, assembled or processed goods, security rooms, canteen or pantry have to be effectively placed to get maximum results.
Here we mention the basic requirements of selecting a factory site:
1. The site selection has to be done carefully and look around and see the following features.
2. There should not be any water body in the nearby areas. If there is water, the areas other than Eastern, Northern and Northeast side of the proposed industry has to be avoided.
3. If the land is sloping and the high points of the slope is towards West, Southwest and South the land is exceptionally acceptable.
4. If on the other hand, the high point of the land is towards East, Northeast and North the land is not acceptable.
5. If towards the south, southwest and west of you’re the chosen site and if there are high constructions your site, then it is a good sign.
6. If on the other hand the constructions on the South, Southwest and West side of your site are low in height, then this site is not recommended.
7. The soil strength should be compatible to the factory requirements.
8. The position of the main entrance gate to the factory is the next important feature. Usually, the front gate is always built on the main road, seeing the feasibility of transport of men and material.
9. Never place the main gate at Southwest side, as this will bring in lots of problems, difficulties and conflicts will happen which may become unmanageable at a later stage.