Pooja room is known as the most auspicious and sacred room in your home. Even though you worship, keep religious texts, idols and images of deities it is important to protect this room from negative energy.
One must build pooja room as per Vastu Shastra to attract positive energy and keep our surroundings with positivity, harmony and peace. If the pooja room is unprotected our surroundings can be influenced by negativity. In order to enhance positive energy and happiness, it’s important to follow the guidelines set by Vastu for pooja room.
Steps to remember when you are building pooja room as per Vastu for pooja room:
• As per Vastu for pooja room, northeast corner of the home is the best place for pooja room.
• East and west are known for a second best place as per Vastu for pooja room.
• Always build pooja room on the ground floor.
• Pooja room in big plots or factories etc. should be located at the centre.
• Always place idols at the east or west direction of the pooja room.
• Make sure to keep idols a few inches away from the wall.
• One must build a pooja room door with two shutters, with high-quality wood and threshold for the room is preferable.
• Pooja room should have doors and windows in north or east walls.
• Colours for the pooja room walls must be white, light yellow or light blue.
• Place lamp stands in pooja room towards south-east or eastern direction.
• If you want to place an Agnikund in the prayer room you can place it at the south-east corner of the room.
• Dome at the top of pooja room is considered auspicious.
• Always keep your pooja room clean and clutter free.
• If the pooja room is located in the kitchen make sure it’s in the north-east corner of the kitchen; face east while praying.
• Place the almirahs towards the west or south walls.
• Always sit on the mat or carpet while praying before God.
Things you must not do as per Vastu for pooja room:
• One must not enter the pooja room for any purpose without washing his legs and hands.
• Never place the pooja room towards the south.
• One must not build the pooja room in bedroom.
• Never place your pooja room in the basement or first or above floors.
• One must never build the pooja room beside or opposite to washroom.
• Broken idols in pooja room are prohibited.
• Never hang your late ancestor's photos in pooja room.
• One must not keep a dustbin in the pooja room.
• Do not build pooja room under stairs.
• Idols in pooja room should never face south its againstVastu for pooja room.
• Never keep any unwanted things in the pooja room.
• An idol in the pooja room should not be more than 3 inches.
Always make sure you build your pooja room as per Vastu Shastra because it helps you gain positive energy and keep your home filled with harmony and joy. So, make sure you follow all the above rules set by Vastu Shastra.