North direction is considered very auspicious. This place is ruled by Lord Kubera, the God of Wealth. It is the direction symbolizes happiness, growth, success and wealth. Relationship within family members will improve and concentration level of your children will also improve.
In north facing house you can place your main door at any location of north side as it will not harm you.
As per vastu shastra no direction is considered bad, Vastu Shastra never says that one direction is good and another one is bad. There is a variety of principles in vastu related to every single direction.
Things to Avoid:
- Do not build a toilet in the north-east corner.
- Do not build a Bedroom in the north-east direction.
- Do not build any water storage device like a septic tank in North East direction.
- Do not build a staircase in the North side of the home.
- Do not build a kitchen in the north-east corner.
- Do not have any clutter, dustbins, dirt etc in north or north-east directions. Those directions are little sacred.
- Do not have a plot that slopes towards north to south.
- Do not have big trees in the north side of the house.
Things to keep in mind:
- Build the main door in the 5th step as this will give lots of wealth.
- You can build the main entrance in step 4th to 1st only if the 5th step is very small.
- Keep the north and east walls slightly shorter and thinner than South and West.
- The kitchen should be located in the south-east or north-west direction. If the kitchen is in the south-east you must stand facing east while cooking or if the kitchen is in the north-west you must stand facing west while cooking.
- Make a pooja room in the north-east section of the house.
- Make a living room in the north-east section. This will bring positive vibes in a home.
- Build a master bedroom in a south-west direction and a guest bedroom in a north-west direction.
- Make sure that plot slopes towards South to North.