Do’s and Don’ts for A Puja Room or Temple
Prayers and meditation bring more positive energy and weaken negative energies and its influences. Puja room is a sacred room or a sacred space from where positive energy radiates and spreads in the entire house. Puja room is a room or space where all deities’ idols are kept.
Now the question arises what things to know for Puja Mandir or Temple-
A. Which direction should we face while offering prayers to God?
- Well, At home the pictures or idols of God should face West Direction and while offering prayers the person should face East direction. It is Excellent if you can maintain this direction, as per Vastu Shastra.
- Avoid placing idols on the south wall of the temple.
B. Where to place Mandir or Temple?
If you place the Temple or Mandir in Northeast direction or the center of the house, automatically everything starts falling correctly.
- The Second choice for Pooja Room or Mandir can be East or West Directions of the house.
- Pooja Room or Temple should not be placed at the Southwest corner of the house
C. Is it okay to place a Puja Mandir /Temple in the kitchen?
- Well, Vastu does not recommend Puja room in Kitchen. But, if there is no space for the Puja room, then you can place it in the North-East corner of the Kitchen.
- Make sure to close this area either by a curtain or some small division.
D. What Colors should be preferred for a Puja Room or Temple?
Well, the Colours in the Puja room can be white, yellow, light colors or light blue.
THINGS YOU MUST AVOID IN A PUJA ROOM?
1. Do not keep a dustbin in a Pooja room.
2. Never make a Puja Room under a staircase or in any store-room.
3. Never make a Puja room or Pooja Temple near a toilet or below a toilet.
4. Avoid placing deities or God’s idol in the South wall of the Puja Room.
5. Avoid Puja Mandir or Temple in Bedroom. If in case no other space is there, try to place it in Northeast corner and cover with curtain after prayer.
6. Don’t hide valuables or money in the Puja Room or Temple.
7. Never keep torn images or broken idols in Puja temple. If you have a torn picture or broken idol remove immediately.
8. Avoid placing dead people pictures in Puja room or Temple.
Conclusion- It is possible to turn negative into positive if you place everything at its correct location.
Miracles happen every day, so never stop believing in God. However, there is no substitute for hard work. Work hard and walk with a belief towards your goals.