Many of us generally have an apprehension that Vastu is practised and followed by a particular religion or country or people of certain countries. Well, here is a detailed Guide on what is Vastu and How it is helpful for our upliftment.
Vastu helps us to live in harmony, lead a successful life, improves our well-being, free from tensions and other stress and health-related problems faced by us almost every day!
Vastu originated in different parts of the world since centuries back and was followed by humans during the ancient times, scriptures were written in detail and monuments also constructed according to the Vastu guidelines and rules.
Vastu is nothing but a science of structure based on cosmic energy and magnetic energies origination from mother Earth and other celestial heavenly bodies.
The origin of this science called Vastu i.e., the science of eight directions dates back to the Vedas. These directions have been classified in Vastu Shastra from the Five Elements like Sky, Air, Earth, Fire, and space known as “Pancha Maha Boothas”
As we said earlier Vastu helps us to live in harmony, lead a successful life, improves our well-being, free from tensions and other stress and health-related problems faced by us almost every day!
While we started construction of buildings and houses or flats, the concept of Vastu was less known earlier. Many structures sprung up in almost every part of the land and sea of houses were built due to the scarcity of land, and so the perfect Vastu compliance is almost impossible!
It is highly cumbersome to demolish or re-build the entire structure. Hence, we can now focus on interiors to counterbalance the negative elements.
Vastu defects can be removed by making few changes in the rooms, re-arranging objects and slight changes in the interiors by using vastu energized objects.
Every Vastu dosha has some remedy if followed properly. This will bring in more peace and prosperity in the premises of one’s residing homes or business. Few Puja tips are listed below;
- Shri Ganesh Puja
- Grah Shanti each year
- Navagrah , Shantipath & Agnihotra yagya
- Recite " Om namoh Bhagvati Vaastu Devtay namah " mantra every Tuesday morning 108 times
- Do Rudri puja every Monday & Amavasya day
- Place a statue of Ganesh or Shri Yantra in the home or office.
- A Puja room in the house is a MUST in every house
- Near the water pot in the house, light a lamp daily evening
- For the energy in-flow to the house, please open all doors so that the energy will remain inside
- The hinges of doors should be noiseless. If so. The hinges may be greased periodically
- The doors should open towards the right hand
- While you ascend the staircase, the face should be either towards the North or the East
- The seat of the commode should face North-South
- Almirahs and beds should be set very close to the South-West wall and at a distance from the North-East wall.
- While drinking water keep your face towards North-East
- While Taking meals the plate should be in South-East
- In the South-West Corner of the house, one should sleep pointing his head towards South
- Keep the northeast of any room or building as clean, open & clutter-free as possible
- All electrical/heat-generating appliances should be placed in the South-East corner of the room.
- The Safe Locket should open towards the north or the east.
- The image Lakshmi at the main door is considered auspicious.
- The north-east corner is the face house and should always be kept clean.
- While cleaning the floor with any disinfectant, a little sea salt should be added.
- Students should study facing the north or east.
- Grow a tulsi or basil plant in front of the house.
- Rainwater or drainage should flow towards NE-East-North.
- Elderly people are always more comfortable in the South-West corner.
- A Bhumi-pujan ceremony should be performed before commencing the construction of a new house and Griha-Pravesh ceremony before shifting into it.
- An electric/telephone pole or a tree facing your main door or windows could cause the poor health of family members. To remove this defect, place a convex mirror on the outer wall facing that tree for protection from a bad soul.
- To retain the money in the house, put a 3 leg frog facing its back to the main door for better saving.
- Moving Water attracts positive energy and money. Consider placing an aquarium in your North direction for wonderful results.
- More even numbers of Balcony, Verandahs and Windows should be in North / Northeast / East direction.
- The kitchen is the second best place after North-East for performing Pooja.
- Never plant or keep a cactus in the house.
- In case if you have placed the statue of Hanumanji in South-East, please remove them immediately as it may create a fire hazard
- The bed should not be put under a beam
- The ceiling of a room should not have 5 corners.
- Pictures or photos depicting violence in any form should not be placed in the residence or place of business.
- Never construct a kitchen, toilets and prayer room (puja-room) next to one another The kitchen should not be directly in front of the main door.
- Always make sure to throw away broken mirrors, non-working watches, and idle electrical gadgets.
- Do not sit or sleep under a beam.
- Do not dig well in the middle of a house or plot. It is very inauspicious.
- Never sit with your back facing the main door. This can cause back-biting, deceit, betrayal in life..
- Never construct a toilet/ fireplace in a North-East corner of the house can ruin it financially besides mental tension quarrel amongst people.
- Remove medicines from the kitchen and shift it to the living room, preferably at Pooja place.
A happy family photograph or picture placed inside your living room will boost up your relationship and feel connected with the family members. What’s more worthy in this world than being gifted with a happy family!!