Navaratri is one of the greatest Hindu festivals. This festival is for 9 days. It symbolizes the triumph of good over evil.
In Navratri, Goddess Durga is worshipped in 9 different forms known as ‘Navadurga’
On the first day of Navratri, Kalash or ‘Ghat’ Sthapna is very important.
WHY TO DO KALASH STHAPNA?
- Kalash Sthapna brings Happiness and prosperity to the family
- Your wishes get fulfilled soon
- If you have any debts that get cleared off soon
AUSPICIOUS TIME FOR KALASH STHAPNA IN 2018
In 2018, Navratri starts from 10th October to 18th October
Auspicious Timings for Kalash Sthapana is on 10th Of October between 06:22 AM to 07:25 AM
It is Auspicious to do Kalash Sthapna in this 1 Hour 2 Minutes duration
LIST OF ITEMS REQUIRED FOR KALASH STHAPNA
Kalash Sthapna List of Items and Puja Procedure/ Puja Vidhi
- Raw Turmeric
- Betel nut / ‘Supari’
- Coin/ Coins
- ‘Akshat’- Unbroken Rice
- ‘Gangajal’- Holi water
- ‘Kalawa’/ ‘Mauli’- Sacred thread also known as ‘Raksha Sutra’
- 5 Mango Leaves
- Red Cloth
- Red ‘Chunari’ for Durga Maa
- ‘Kumkum’ or ‘Roli’
- Clean Sand/ Soil
- ‘Jau’/ Barley
- Clay pot
- Pure water
- One small plate to cover the kalash
- Dhoop or Incense Sticks
- ‘Diya’ or Lamp
- Sweets to offer Maa Durga
15 Easy Step By Step Procedure for Kalash Sthapna
- Ask Lord Ganesh for His Blessings to fulfil your Navratri Puja without any mistakes and hurdles.
- Purify the place with scared water (Gangajal) where you want to do ‘Kalash’ Sthapna
- Take a clay pot in which you have to sow barley seeds
- First make a layer of clay/ soil in the pot then make another layer of barley seeds
- Again repeat the layer of clay or soil and then barley seeds respectively
- You can make 2-3 such layers
- Now we have to place ‘kalash’ on this pot
- Make a ‘Swastik’ (Sacred Symbol) on the kalash and then pour some clean water and Gangal in this kalash
- Now place some Unbroken rice/ ‘Akshat’, Raw Turmeric, One Coin, One Beetle nut and some Scent in this ‘kalash’
- Tie this ‘kalash’’s face with ‘Kalawa’ or ‘Mauli’
- Take 5 mango leaves and place on the top of this ‘kalash’
- Cover this ‘kalash’ with a small plate full of unbroken rice or ‘akshat’
- After covering the ‘kalash’ take a Coconut and cover it with red cloth and tie with the help of sacred thread or ‘kalawa’
- Now place this coconut on the top of the covered ‘kalash’
- Lit a lamp and some incense sticks in front of this ‘kalash’ and ask Maa Durga to fulfil all your desires.
Feel Blissful by singing Delightful Durga Aarti at the end.
May your life be filled with Happiness and Prosperity on this Navratri!
To get more significant Information related to Vastu Shastra, subscribe to our Vastu Dekho YouTube Channel Now!