Health is our most important possession, the source of our overall well-being and happiness. Our health is not just a matter of our physical state, but a peaceful, happy, and stable existence.
There are more than a few factors which directly affect our health, and the energies surrounding us play a major role in the health and well-being of ourselves and our families.
The spaces where we live and work, therefore, must have positive energies and vibes so that we prosper in our family and work lives without any obstacles caused by the inappropriate environment.
The science of Vastu has a significant role to play in determining the energies of our surrounding, and hence ensuring a peaceful and prosperous life.
Let’s look at the tips which according to Vastu, are necessary for a healthy life:
1. Sleep is of primary importance for our health and it is vital for us to sleep in the right direction. According to Vastu, you must sleep with your head towards the south and never in the north.
2. The direction of the kitchen is quite significant to balance the fire element in our homes. It is with the correct balance of all the five elements- wind, water, fire, space, and earth that our home is in harmony with nature. Thus, the fire appliances of our house like the stove must be in the south or southeast direction only. This includes other sources of fire such as fireplaces or barbeques.
3. According to Vastu, while drinking water we must keep our head toward the northeast or east direction. We know it is hard to keep track of these things consciously, but try to implement this tip at least in your home where you are aware of the directions as it ensures good health.
4. Toilets should always be properly constructed in the homes, as improper placement gives rise to negative energies. The optimum direction of these is the north-eastern part of the house.
5. Staircases are also important in affecting the health of the residents. The staircase must never be in the center of the house, as it can cause serious health problems. It must always be in the side.
6. The prayer room in your house is a source of positivity and powerful energies and must always be constructed in the auspicious directions. Northeast is the best direction for the prayer or puja room, although even east or north directions are suited.
7. The center area of the house must be kept relatively vacant. There shouldn’t be furniture or any other heavy object or even staircases (as mentioned before) blocking the flow of energies in your home.
8. The main entrance of your house should ideally be of the same height as the adjacent walls, and it also advised to grow plants like citrus fruits to ascertain good health in the family.
Conclusion- There are many other measures that you can adopt for your good health, as the positioning of paintings like water fountain paintings, for example, should be placed in the north or east directions, or placing wind-chimes on bedroom windows etc. What is important to take care of is the general direction of rooms in your home and offices according to Vastu, and the position of important objects like furniture and appliances, to ensure a happy and healthy life of you and your family.