You should avoid placing a mirror on SW wall of your bedroom.
Mirrors have a lot of significance as per Vastu. It is important that the mirror in our bedroom be placed as per Vastu to ensure harmony between the couple. In the children's room, it should not obstruct their concentration.
Mirrors are considered to be a powerful tool in vastu shastra. Mirrors are believed to attract and repel positive energy, also they suck up all the negative energies.
What You MUST FOLLOW:
- Square or rectangular shape mirrors are best.
- Place mirrors, wall clocks, glass showpieces and decorative items (that may reflect light) on North or East walls only.
- Ensure that all the mirrors are at least 4 to 5 feet above the floor.
- Keep a dressing table with a big mirror by the side of bed.
What You MUST AVOID:
- Avoid oval and round shaped mirrors.
- Never place a mirror, glass object or any shining thing in front of the main gate – keeping anything that reflects light, at the main entrance, sends all the positive energy away from home.
- If a mirror is in the bedroom with/without dressing table then make sure than none of the body part is visible in the mirror while sleeping on the bed, else the same body part will develop serious medical problems.
- Avoid hanging a mirror near the study table in children’s bedroom as it makes them to lose concentration in studies.