Bedroom shape should be square or rectangular.
If the bedroom is rectangular, length to breadth ratio is less or equal to 1:2 e.g. if the length is 20 foot, then the breadth lies between 10 feet to 40 feet.
- Master bedroom should be in the South-West corner of the home and it's suitable for the head of the family. This room should always be bigger than other rooms of the house. In a multi-story house master bedroom should be in the South-West corner of the top floor.
- Perfect place for bed in master bedroom is towards South or West wall, so that while sleeping the person’s head is towards South or West and legs towards North or East.
- If a bedroom is in the West side of the home then it’s best for children.
- Unmarried children or guests can use a bedroom in the East.
- If a bedroom is present in the South-East direction then use it as an office or unmarried son’s bedroom.
- No bedroom in the North-East direction as this is the place for deities and if a bedroom is present in this site then one faces many mishaps and sickness in the family increases.
- Also if a married couple sleeps in a North-East bedroom then they have to face long-term diseases.
- Avoid any bedroom in the center of the home.
Directions for Sleeping:
- Sleeping with head towards the West gives name, reputation & richness.
- Sleeping with head towards the East gives mental harmony & augments fondness for spiritualism.
- Sleeping with head towards the South, increases prosperity and opulence.
- Sleeping with head towards the North is not advisable, as the person will not have a sound sleep. There will be bad dreams, bad thoughts in the mind. Heaviness in the chest can also be sensed occasionally.
- Bed should not be placed aligned to any corners is the room.
- Master bedroom should only be used by married couples.
- West or North side is suitable for attached bathroom, changing room or bath tub etc.
- The door of the attached bathroom must always be kept closed.
- East, North or West walls are best spot for entrance door of master bedroom. Avoid entrance on South wall.
- East or North walls are good for windows in the bedroom.
- Best place to keep heavy wardrobes, shelves or almirah is the South-West corner of the master bedroom.
- Never place safe in bedroom. If unavoidable then place the safe away from the North-East, North-West, South-East and South-West corners and East and West directions. If the safe is kept towards the South wall and opens towards the North then it’s very auspicious.
- Place dressing table with/without mirror in the North or East wall, make sure that none of the body part is visible in the mirror while sleeping on the bed, else the same body part will develop medical problems.
- Please avoid TV, PC or laptops in the bedroom.
- Plants, fish aquariums or any other life forms are a strict “NO” in bedroom.
- Keep beds in the children’s bedroom in the South-West so that a child’s head is in East or South direction.
- Use light rose, gray, blue, chocolate, green etc as wall colors for bedroom.
- Stay away from use of marble stones (white and yellow colored) in the newly married couple’s bedroom.