It is greatly observed that though most of the designers and architects consider validating Vastu for the positioning of rooms and interiors of the house, but rarely consider its application to swimming pools. Since water bodies are related to peace, harmony, and energy balancing it is very important to have the swimming pool in the right direction. If it is the wrong direction, there will be a distortion in the energy which might bring negative energies.
- Northeast corner of the house is considered as the best location to have a swimming pool. If this location is being planned for some other room then north or east directions are next preferred directions.
- The pool should never be located in the south or west directions.
- Having a pool at the corner of the house is better than having it in the center since again the balance of energy comes into the picture. This is also suggested taking into consideration the privacy factor.
- Many plans suggest having the swimming pool on the upper floors or terrace. This, though might add to the aesthetic appeal of the house is not advisable according to Vastu. It is because all the water elements/bodies should have direct contact with the ground, from where the positive energy seeps into the water.
- If the plan already has a terrace pool, do contact a Vastu expert for further advice.