top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    house direction business flat entrance main door shop office kitchen vastu tips south west plot north east wealth south facing tips toilet east facing south east bedroom
Print Preview

which type of metals & shapes of Door Knocker are suitable for main door in house or appartment?

+2 votes
posted Feb 17, 2016 by Manikankana Debnath

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

+2 votes

I would recommend Brass.

Care should be taken to avoid the knockers that are too harsh and have a disturbing noise.

When someone knocks at the door, do the children get excited and welcoming or do they fear and run away from the door?
That will tell you if the door knock is suitable.

For shape, the consideration could be whether the area is secure and only the welcomed guests would be visiting.
In some parts of the country, they use a figure to scare off the evil eye the unwanted intruders.
so if you are sure that primarily the respected and expected guests would be knocking the door, the door handle need not be Lion shaped but may be pleasing figure, say elephant shape.

Good to have pleasing photo of Shri Ganesh on top of the main door.

Let me know your views.

answer Feb 22, 2016 by Vastu Paranoid
Similar Questions
+1 vote
I have a east facing plot with east wall of 54 ft.I want to construct my house touching north wall so that there are garden space left in south.If i want to construct house with front of 30 ft,as per vastu where will it be the best position  of main door? 27 ft away from north wall or 15 ft away from north wall??? The main entry to the plot is SE,is there any adverse  effect of that??
+3 votes
Is having your main door on north wall...same as facing north wall or the entrance in north, please explain?
We don't provide professional Vastu advice. We act as a platform of discussion for the users. See additional information.