top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    house direction business flat main door entrance shop office kitchen south west vastu tips north east wealth plot south facing toilet bedroom east facing tips south
Print Preview

my house is facing north and then my main entrance and door where it should be?

+1 vote
posted Dec 11, 2016 by anonymous

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

2 Answers

0 votes

North Facing Plot – What Vastu Says About It

North facing plots are considered auspicious as per vastu.

Also, as per same vastu, it’s the placement of main door/entrance and other rooms of a home that makes it auspicious or inauspicious; however, a huge importance given to the main door.

Having said that, things are a bit different with North facing houses; since North direction, in vastu shastra, is believed to be auspicious, the placement of door at any location in North side is considered good. However, even for North facing houses, there are vastu rules and guidelines that – must be – followed.

North Facing House Vastu – The Placement of Main Door/Entrance

As per north facing house vastu, you can place main door at any location in North side and it’s not going to harm you at least. However, there are 9 steps in North side of a house all having different auspiciousness; we’ve discussed this below.

Here, I must also tell you that the most auspicious step of North side, for accumulating wealth and riches, is the 5th one; now, in order to understand step, all you need to do is it to have a good look at the image below.

North Facing House Vastu Padas

In the image above you can see that the North part (the length from North-East to North-West) is divided in 9 equal parts. Each part is called as "pada" or step in vastu shastra.

Also, you – must have – noticed that only “pada” numbered 5 is in green color and the pada’s to the right i.e. pada number 1, 2, 3 and 4 are in blue color whereas the remaining pada’s, from 6 to 9 are in orange color.

Here’s what all this means

1. The 5th pada (green one) is the best and the most auspicious for entrance or main door of a north facing home. It’s the location of Kuber (the God of wealth) and attracts money. 
  2. The pada’s 1, 2, 3 and 4 are the ones that you can use (for entrance/main door) if pada 5 alone is small. But make sure to include pada 5 along with padas 4, 3, 2 or 1. If you’re using space up to pada 1, then make sure that the entrance/main door doesn’t touch the NE corner. Leave at least 6 inches of space from NE wall.
  3. The pada’s 6 to 9 are the ones that can be used if there’s no option to place the main door in any other padas.

North Facing House Vastu – 9 Don’ts

1. Avoid a toilet in the NE corner.
  2. Avoid bedroom in NE corner.
  3. Avoid a septic tank in NE corner.  
  4. Avoid staircase in North side of the home especially from padas 1st to 5th.
  5. Avoid having a kitchen in NE corner.
  6. Avoid a plot that slopes from North to South.
  7. Avoid big trees in North side of the house.
  8. Avoid having clutter, dirt, dustbins etc. towards North and NE.
  9. Avoid a cut in NE corner.

North Facing House Vastu – 10 Do’s

1. Place the main door in 5th pada; this’ll give lots of wealth.
  2. You can place entrance in padas 4th to 1st if pada 5 alone is small.
  3. Make walls in North and East slightly shorter and thinner than South and West.
  4. Make sure that kitchen is in SE or NW.
  5. Face East (in SE kitchen) and West (in NW kitchen) while cooking.
  6. Make a Pooja room in NE corner.
  7. You can make a living room in NE corner.
  8. Make a guest bedroom in NW.
  9. Choose a plot that slopes from South to North.
  10. Make the master bedroom in SW.
answer Dec 13, 2016 by anonymous
thanks a lot sir for answering.my home plan made same as per ur view.pooja room seperately place between kitchen and living hall east direction.is it right?
0 votes

Answer : 

According Vastu Shashtra in North facing house main door should be North North West direction.The map is given below for this directions ;

We should divide West to East side of length in eight parts. The 3rd and 4th pats which is shown in finger is most suitable for main door. It is also called North North West direction. 

Such type of main door is beneficial. It helps in increasing health, wealth and wisdom. It is useful in children education and Government works.  

answer Jan 23 by Sri Bhimanand Mishra
Similar Questions
0 votes

My house is North and East facing two side road north is 45' and east is 65' where should i place the main entrance of the house

East

West

North is 30' road

East is 20' road

South neighbouring plot

West neighbouring plot

Where to place 

Main door, Main entrance, 4BHK 

0 votes
We just bought a house the house faces North but the main door opens in South is it okay if not what changes do I need to do ? will it require big changes or little changing around would make a difference?
+1 vote

Main entrance door in 5th Pada of a North facing house is supposed to be best. This Pada 5 is meant to be in the building or its to be of the plot? Further if its to of the building, does it mean house building alone or it includes garage/servant quarters on the East of the main building?

We don't provide professional Vastu advice. We act as a platform of discussion for the users. See additional information.