top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    house direction flat entrance main door business plot vastu tips kitchen south west office shop north east tips south east toilet south facing south bedroom floor plan
Print Preview

Houseplan for north facing plot

0 votes
Sir I have a 150 yards north facing plot. Will you please suggest me a good plan as my husband never listen to me to build a house according to vastu.  Sir will you plz help me
posted Sep 14, 2016 by Harpreet Kaur

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

+1 vote

North Facing Plot – What Vastu Says About It

North facing plots are considered auspicious as per vastu.

Also, as per same vastu, it’s the placement of main door/entrance and other rooms of a home that makes it auspicious or inauspicious; however, a huge importance given to the main door.

Having said that, things are a bit different with North facing houses; since North direction, in vastu shastra, is believed to be auspicious, the placement of door at any location in North side is considered good. However, even for North facing houses, there are vastu rules and guidelines that – must be – followed.

North Facing House Vastu – The Placement of Main Door/Entrance

As per north facing house vastu, you can place main door at any location in North side and it’s not going to harm you at least. However, there are 9 steps in North side of a house all having different auspiciousness; we’ve discussed this below.

Here, I must also tell you that the most auspicious step of North side, for accumulating wealth and riches, is the 5th one; now, in order to understand step, all you need to do is it to have a good look at the image below.

North Facing House Vastu Padas

In the image above you can see that the North part (the length from North-East to North-West) is divided in 9 equal parts. Each part is called as "pada" or step in vastu shastra.

Also, you – must have – noticed that only “pada” numbered 5 is in green color and the pada’s to the right i.e. pada number 1, 2, 3 and 4 are in blue color whereas the remaining pada’s, from 6 to 9 are in orange color.

Here’s what all this means

1. The 5th pada (green one) is the best and the most auspicious for entrance or main door of a north facing home. It’s the location of Kuber (the God of wealth) and attracts money. 
  2. The pada’s 1, 2, 3 and 4 are the ones that you can use (for entrance/main door) if pada 5 alone is small. But make sure to include pada 5 along with padas 4, 3, 2 or 1. If you’re using space up to pada 1, then make sure that the entrance/main door doesn’t touch the NE corner. Leave at least 6 inches of space from NE wall.
  3. The pada’s 6 to 9 are the ones that can be used if there’s no option to place the main door in any other padas.

North Facing House Vastu – 9 Don’ts

1. Avoid a toilet in the NE corner.
  2. Avoid bedroom in NE corner.
  3. Avoid a septic tank in NE corner.  
  4. Avoid staircase in North side of the home especially from padas 1st to 5th.
  5. Avoid having a kitchen in NE corner.
  6. Avoid a plot that slopes from North to South.
  7. Avoid big trees in North side of the house.
  8. Avoid having clutter, dirt, dustbins etc. towards North and NE.
  9. Avoid a cut in NE corner.

North Facing House Vastu – 10 Do’s

1. Place the main door in 5th pada; this’ll give lots of wealth.
  2. You can place entrance in padas 4th to 1st if pada 5 alone is small.
  3. Make walls in North and East slightly shorter and thinner than South and West.
  4. Make sure that kitchen is in SE or NW.
  5. Face East (in SE kitchen) and West (in NW kitchen) while cooking.
  6. Make a Pooja room in NE corner.
  7. You can make a living room in NE corner.
  8. Make a guest bedroom in NW.
  9. Choose a plot that slopes from South to North.
  10. Make the master bedroom in SW.
answer Sep 19, 2016 by anonymous
Similar Questions
0 votes

I have purchased a corner plot with rectangular shape, It's in the south east corner of the entire layout. Can I build a house for my own use?

+4 votes
Dear Sir

I have purchased two plots  no- 36, 37 in a town ship, both are north facing. Rectangle in shape - 40'x90' / 40' x90', But after buying the plot I have realisied  that there is a street thrust on the both plots , The road is from north direction, but it hit beetween equally on both plots ( like T). Please advise about the Vastu remedy.

B.Pari
+3 votes
Sir,please give me tips for north facing shop.How to set god pictures and best facing side for worship?How to sit in the shop.
We don't provide professional Vastu advice. We act as a platform of discussion for the users. See additional information.