top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    house direction business flat main door entrance shop office kitchen south west vastu tips north east wealth plot south facing toilet bedroom east facing tips south
Print Preview

Can we make a store room for kitchen ,under the stairs

+1 vote
posted Aug 2, 2016 by anonymous

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

4 Answers

0 votes

Yes, the area under the stairs can be used for making a storage room. Make sure that this room is not used for any other purpose, meaning, there should not be a kitchen, Pooja room or toilet placed below the staircase. Care should be taken to avoid having the beginning of the stairs at the entrance of the store room. 

Few more tips on staircase and store rooms are below:

1. The best-preferred direction for both staircase and store room is South West, thus, having them one below the other is a good idea. 
  2. If not South West, the next directions preferred are South and West.
  3. Do not have a store room or staircase in the North East direction of the house.
  4. Both of them should not be present in front of the main entrance. 
  5. It is advisable to not have stairs in spiral form. 
  6. Wall along the stairs must always be painted in light colors. 
answer Aug 3, 2016 by Pallavi
Thanks, according to my plot size and some complications my staircase block is shifted in the south east direction,is it neutral or unfavourable having both staircase and store in that direction,please tell
Could you please share the plan/blueprint of the house. It will help me get a clear picture.
May I know your email id
Please send the details to vastu@vastudekho.com and they will share it with me.
0 votes
I have sent the details to vastu@vastudekho.com, please kindly tell me whether it is good,according to vastu or not
answer Aug 17, 2016 by Nitin Kapoor
0 votes

It is not advisable any room or toilet under the staircase.

answer Sep 8 by S.rajahgopaal
0 votes

You should avoid making any type of room under the staircase.  Due to space constrain some people are make use the space but it is not correct as per vaasthu.

answer Sep 29 by S.rajahgopaal